Thursday, February 08, 2007

Neglected

Well, I can't say I never got my moneys worth out of this $4 shift cable.

I've had my Madone for almost 2 years now and have never changed the cables. I guess that's since it's my road bike and it never shifted poorly on me once, but the last few rides have been hell.

The cable was so frayed I couldn't even pull it though the shifter. Ended up cutting it again and pulling it out strand by strand.
I must swap cables on my mountain bike at least 3 or 4 times a year if not more, I have never let one go this far, Leonard Zinn would be so disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice going man. I'm in the same spot with my road bike. It shifts fine and brakes well but I know the rear deraileur cable is frayed. Time to giver' a thorough once over...

Mike