Monday, March 17, 2008

C'est la Vie

So today marks another year, a good year. One that went by rather slow actually, except for the past month or two really. I guess the agonizing over the experience of having your first child makes the time tick by a bit slower, especially when you decide not to find out if it's a boy or a girl. But once Maddy was here, time is passing at a good clip, maybe it's also the expectation that spring is around the corner and along with it warmer, more hospitable weather.

Having your birthday on St. Patrick's day has it's perks, it was definitely fun in college when we would go downtown to Canton starting at noon to get a good seat at Claddaghs's or Looney's Pub. Everyone is out for your birthday, filling the streets drinking green beer, although I always just stuck with Guinness as the green beer gives me one hell of a hangover. Things are definitely different now though, but in a good way.

So tonight Gina decided to make me a birthday dinner, an Irish classic of corned beef and cabbage. I think she got the idea from by mom I like corned beef. Honestly, I'm not sure if I've had it since I left home for college, but it was good. She slow cooked it in beer, anything cooked in beer can't be bad. To top it off she made a cake, it kind of looks how I feel as this cold is still lingering and for my birthday I managed to strain my right hamstring doing yard work over the weekend. Fantastic.

No comments: