Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Disconnected

It's hard to remember what I did before the Internet, even though it was only a couple of years ago I purchased my own computer and had my own high speed Internet access at home that wasn't monitored by my employer. I managed without it from about 8pm last night until 4:30 this afternoon, minus a quick gmail and hotmail check using my Blackjack. What did I miss? Spending money bidding on a few items on ebay is about it and a ton of useless emails to the MABRA listserve, so nothing really, but why do I feel so grateful to have it back? My ride tonight was definitely time better spent that sitting in front of this monitor. On that note, in looking for motivation for 'cross, I reposted all of the race pics from the past two seasons so the links to the right should work now.

Ah, the Ampitheater of Pain...so many fond memories
Gina had another ultra-sound this morning, the baby is fine, well normal as the tech put it. It was again being a bit stubborn but she got the shots she needed and we were out of there in 30 minutes. This afternoon I went to Dr. Collins to review my MRI films. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) there's nothing wrong with my back. Two slightly bulging disks but not enough to put pressure on the nerves. This was actually somewhat disturbing news as I am no now closer to understanding what the hell is wrong with my leg than I was 5 months ago. Now I know how Hebe was feeling trying to figure out his rot gut. I have been riding a lot of base miles for the past two weeks on the rollers and the fixed gear to try and re-condition the leg. I realized last night on the rollers that it took all of my concentration to pedal circles with the left leg. If I didn't concentrate, my leg would just follow the motion with no real coordination or flop to the side at the top of the pedal stroke. I still think something pinching a nerve somewhere if I'm having such trouble at the neuro-muscular level.

No comments: