Sunday, March 07, 2010

Love and Sprockets

Time flies when you're having fun, or just trying to figure out life with two kids. I can't believe I haven't blogged since mid-December and it's March already. Being March also means I get to mark another notch in the age stick, 35 this year. Where did the last 15yrs go? My college days feel like they were just yesterday, especially when you're reminiscing about old times with friends on Facebook. What I do know is I definitely cannot drink like I could in college and don't want to even try again any time soon. I had a business trip to Boston this past week and got pretty banged up Thursday night. Sales people are professional drinkers on the side and I was out with two of the best fighting well above my weight class. I was doing fine and holding my own until the shots of Tuaca came out after dinner. Didn't help that I added fuel to the fire with a little digestif of Grappa, that stuff might as well be kerosene. Friday I was on the Betty Ford weight loss program and didn't (more like couldn't) eat anything until about 5:30 when we went out for Pho.

Me being away meant Gina was left home alone with the girls. Fortunately Leah is sleeping through the night, she's been much happier now that her stomach doesn't bother her most of the day due to reflux. She's also starting to come into her own and is a lot more interactive. As much "fun" as it is at this age I can't wait until she's up and running around with Maddy. Those two are going to be trouble. Here they are off to their fist day of daycare together. I don't think Leah is too sure about being left alone with Maddy all day.
Maddy is enjoying being a big sister and thankfully hasn't gone through and gone through any jealousy phase. I guess it helps Gina and I get to spend a lot of time with her.
Her new thing is Barney, every day, "Watch Barney, watch Barney", and it has to be in our room so she can sit on the bed and lay under the covers.
Other than that there's not much going on. Getting a lot of riding in and will hopefully be on good form for the season. My primary goal for the winter was to not get sick so if it meant missing a few rides for extra recovery to fight off a cold or not lose my winter flab before the first race I was willing to make that sacrifice, anything but be sick until June and completely ruin my season. Last Saturday we had the Elite team ride at D'ville, that was a bit of a wake up call to the legs. Sunday's have been hard fixed gear rides around Ellicott City, do a warmup loop, if you want to call it that, for about 2hrs before coming back in to town and hitting one hill after the next until everyone finally cries Uncle. Fun times.

Anyway, if you're still checking in, thanks. I'll try and get off of FB and blog more. Later.


4 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chandana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ideobranda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
m.marouane said...

good and attractive blog
god bless u