Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Suck at This

As I've stated previously, I'm not a good blogger. I guess I just don't feel the need to put myself out there. Plus, I'm not going to go around to people and say hey man, read my blog. I'm keeping this thing going as a kind of way to look back and reflect on things personally. It's a bit less cheesy than a diary.

Anyway, since my last post, way back in September, alot has happened. I no longer work for Metreos, the company out of Austin, so it's nice not to be traveling all of the time. I took the month of October off, trained hard on the mountain bike to get my ass somewhat back into shape for 'cross and went to nationals in Providence this past weekend. For the most part the last three months have been nothing but racing every weekend. Now that 'cross is finished, Gina's finally going to get that hardwood floor put down in the downstairs, eventually.

Gina was suppose to come up to RI for Nat's but it didn't work out so I made the 7 hour drive with Sean and Phil. We headed to Phil's house in Jersey on Wednesday, crashed there and drove the rest of the way Thursday morning. Coming back sucked since we drove pretty much straight through. As far as the 4 days in between, I can only say that was one of the best times I've had on my bike, ever. People are bitching and complaining about the course and how technical it was. Well here's the deal, that course was going to be dry and fast had the snow not come, and if the promoters could control the weather then maybe the course would have stayed that way. But the fact is, they had no control over the weather. You're racing in December in New England, HELLO, it snows in December in New England!

Photo courtesy of Mike O'Hare @ Phattire.net
Here's a cool pic Mike's girlfriend Natasha took during the B Men's under 34 race. I'm really not struggling as much as it looks. The expression on my face always looks like that in every race photo.


Anyway, I'll try to post something interseting over the winter. We're heading to West Virginia this weekend to visit Gina's sister so I get to see the nieces. Except for the 4 hour drive it should be somewhat relaxing, NOT.

No comments: