Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Days Bust

So for Valentine's Day Gina gave me the flu, or at least one heck of a cold.

Thank you honey, I'll cherish this forever.

Fortunately my immune system must be in full effect because it hasn't really taken me down as bad as expected. Gina has been dealing with it since Monday. I woke up this morning feeling like my head was underwater and had spent the night doing Jager shots.

I managed to sleep for the better part of the afternoon and my pounding headache is gone for the most part. Sitting here starring at the computer screen doesn't help it. I guess it was as good a time as any to catch something since riding outside isn't looking so good with all of the ice and I haven't been motivated to ride the trainer.

Maybe to make it feel somewhat like Valentine's Day we'll watch some a chick flick.

Today's weather makes me think about the Valantine's Day a few years ago, 2003 I think, when Gina and I were still dating and I took her to NYC. We stayed in Manhattan and had a nice dinner at the Sea Grille at Rockefeller Center. It's a cool resstaurant that's at ground level with the ice skating rink so you can watch the people skate while you eat. I'll always remember that year because we almost got stuck there in a blizzard. It hadn't snowed all year and next thing you know it's calling for 2 feet of snow or something crazy. We managed to catch the last train out of NYC because the snow was even closing down sections of the tracks. We made it back to BWI just as the police announced major road closures like Rt. 95 and 195. If it weren't for Special Sauce we wouldn't have made it home from the train station that day. Today Gina told me she thought I was going to propose to her that night. She only had to wait another 5 months.

No comments: